SICOGA 2018 - Hosting, flights info and accommodation in Seoul
Dear SICOGA participants,
Summary of this letter
1. Before and after hosting: You will only be allocated a host if your flight information in section 05 is completed in the online registration record and you have completed section 07 requesting hosting (see below)
2. Three possible hotels/hostel in downtown Seoul (see below)
· everyone should complete the flight information in section 05 as soon as they know it, even those who have not asked for hosting.
· accommodation nights at conference venue are October 13-19 (7 nights), we leave after lunch on October 20, 2018.
· when you write or reply to the OT, include your #UID, name and country the email subject field, or your email may be lost or a reply may be delayed.
1. Before and After the SICOGA 2018 conference week hosting
We guess that that many of you who have asked to be hosted are waiting to get some news if you will be hosted or not.
You are not being forgotten. It takes time to have all the required info ready.
Please update or remove any hosting requests if your plans change!
As explained before, it cannot be fully guaranteed that all requests can be accepted and fulfilled.
Hosts will be allocated only for the nights of October 11, 12, 20, 21. Other dates requests will be deleted and you are required to look for a host for other dates by yourself and according to the regular Servas way.
Hosts will not be allocated without the details about your flights, which need to be saved in section 05 of your registration record. The OT is aware about those who need to issue a visa before having their flights known.
All related info to hosting, including the days you wish to be hosted, needs to be saved in section 07 of your registration record.
The OT will not be able to handle any hosting-related info sent or answered by email.
Any request to be hosted with other friends need to be told with their #UID number and full name and in both records. Requests without this cannot be considered.
· Seoul and its area hosts were guided not to accept any personal requests for those nights of October 11, 12, 20, 21
· Hosts will welcome only those who will show a valid Letter of Introduction - LOI.
2. Hotels/hostel in downtown Seoul
For those who wish to find accommodation in downtown Seoul instead of being hosted, or for other days than October 11, 12, 20, 21, you may look at the following suggested ones:
A. LOTTE City Hotels Gimpoairport.(A pleasant business hotel) http://www.lottehotel.com/city/gimpoairport/en
B. Shinlla stay Mapo (A decent business hotel and the room rate is based on 2 persons) www.shillastay.com/mapo/
The average price for those hotels is 130 to 150 US$ for a room of 2 persons without breakfast. However, it will vary depending on the season and other factors. If you visit their website, you will have more concrete information.
C. SEOUL YOUTH HOSTEL (A very economic hostel). http://hiseoulyh.com/en/
The room rate is for each person. It is around 30US$ with no breakfast. Its location is in the middle of a busy market area.
All these hotels and hostel are located near the subway station and the SICOGA 2018 venue can be easily reached by subway line #5 from those places.
Wishing you pleasant preparations
The SICOGA 2018 Organizing Team (OT)
Please make sure your answer (if required) is being sent to the email@example.com email address and then make also sure that your User ID #UID [___], Full name, Country and the relevant subject are written in the subject field, helping us to identify you much faster.
For additional information about the conference and the GA you may visit at https://www.servas.org/sicoga2018